Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Undisclosed Location 8/4/12

~The client has requested we not disclose the location or the name of the building we investigated.~

Welcome to another investigation.

First, I apologize for not blogging about the last two investigations, but I'm afraid there really wasn't anything to write about.

But our last one was an awesome one.

The building was, it's believed, built in the 20's or 30's and was originally an orphanage. The client told us a story of how the neighborhood was referred to as Shantytown and the kids in the area were forbidden to play around the orphanage. We were also told that more than likely the orphans were mistreated. The most common story was that of a boy the clients call Jason. During the time it was an orphanage, children who got sick would be quarantined in a small room in what is now the basement. (We've come to understand that parts of the building have been closed off for some reason over the years) Now this hidden room is being used for storage. The story is that Jason got sick and he was quarantined to keep the other children from getting sick. Unfortunately, the caretakers forgot about him and he passed away in that room. The building then was turned into a school and then a business and has been in its current life for the past 30 years. (Since the only history we know about the building is what little the clients have gathered, Trish and I are planning on making a trip to the local library to do some research and I shall either edit this blog or make a whole new post)

The clients said that toys would be played with, keys would be messed with and a TV would be turned to anything with cartoons on it. In the basement, the clients would feel very uncomfortable and feel a bit freaked out in a few of the rooms. In their darkroom, you can see where a staircase is. The client told us the staircase is sealed off and they didn't even know about it, until a fire broke out in the building. The firefighters found the staircase on the other side of a firewall (left over from the bombing fears of the Cold War). The clients reported feeling uncomfortable there and in the back area of the basement. In the farthest back room, the clients said that a few of them were in there and, although they never would say what happened, they said they would not go back into the room. There are reports of footsteps and voices and a very creepy Native American statue that moves. And when I say creepy, I mean creepy as in talking dolls creepy. (I can handle getting touched but I swear if that statue moved, I was going to have a major freak out and move on out of there.) As you can tell, I'm not a fan of lifelike inanimate objects.

Now for the good part:

After we set up our equipment, including a few news toys thanks to our newest member, Jordi, Brandon, Justin and I went into the basement area while Trish, Eric, Debbie, Jordi and the client stayed upstairs. As the smallest person, I volunteered to climb into the crawlspace and check it out. And got a face full of cobwebs. Which proves how much I love this, I hate spiders. I sat in the crawlspace, which is the size of a small room and went the length of the room it's hidden in. At least from what I could tell, it's full of boxes and old electronics with a small amount of space for me to walk around in. I'm about 5'6" and I could stand easily. After doing an evp session, we moved on the the "creeped out feeling" room where the clients had said they didn't want to go back in. Earlier, during our walkthough, I'd felt uncomfortable and felt a pressure on my head but when I walked out of the room, it went away. This time, I didn't have the pressure. As we did an evp session, I began to feel uncomfortable. Now I have a bad right knee from a fall several years ago, so at times it'll randomly flair up with shooting pain. As we did the investigation, my left knee started hurting. At first, I brushed it off. Until I felt a burning sensation on the inside of my knee. I pulled my pant leg up to reveal a scratch the length on my knee. Which is the first time that has happened. After several videos and pictures of my leg, we traded places with Trish, Eric, Debbie, Jordi and the client. We had the Ovilius, an EMF reader and a Mel Meter (which measures both EMF and temp) The EMF reader was going crazy during that time. Debbie ended up rejoining us after a little tumble up the stairs (See, I'm not the only clumsy investigator on the team!) Justin saw a shadow and heard movement down a hall. When he asked, if there was anyone over there and if they would give us a sign, a walkie I had in my equipment bag went off with a woman's voice. I run over there and Justin follows me. I find the walkie that had somehow turned on and as I'm holding it, the same woman's voice comes through it. I check the other walkies and they are turned off. "Why weren't we using the walkies?" you ask. The batteries were low and I didn't have enough extras to replace them. Trish and the client come upstairs and ask if we were stomping around. Now I did run, but I'd taken my shoes off since it's very rude to put your shoes on someone else's couch. They also asked if we'd dragged anything across the floor. We hadn't touched anything.

Later, the others joined us and we did a group EVP with the flashlight trick. And the flashlight and our equipment went crazy. As we did this, I glanced into the hallway and saw a glimpse of someone walk out of one of the rooms and down the hall. Naturally, I get up and go check it out. I find nothing. Several of us had personal experiences during the investigation.

Over all a great investigation and yet another place I would love to go to again. As long as the Native American doesn't turn and look at me...

Until next time,


Follow us on Facebook:

Having unexplained activity? Need answers? email us at

No comments:

Post a Comment